Sunday, May 20, 2012

A Brother From Another Mother

I found this in drafts.  I wrote it right after attending Dave's funeral. I didn't publish it because... I don't remember now.  Needing it to be perfect comes to mind, now.  Dirt just needs to be remembered.

BFAM


July 5th, 2010, David “DirtBike” Bailey, left us to stand a flag line with the heroes in heaven.




My brother, Dave 'Dirt Bike' Bailey at 'Dave Fest '09'. Signing my sons chair. He was in Iraq and these were 'luxury' items he said they really missed.






After over a year long fight with his cancer alien, God chose to bring him home and give him peace. As sad as I am at Dirt’s passing, I know his pain has ended and he is at peace. I can’t help but smile at the thought of him greeting heroes with hugs, telling stories and just being a blessing to everyone that he meets.

Ride forever free my friend and crack open those pipes for me, the pipes you hear screaming in California are mine and they cry with me, missing you. NOT like a punk, like the true American patriot that you are. Know that you are already sorely missed and will never be forgotten.

(grinns) I can still hear Dave saying, ‘Ridin Til I Rot’ and ‘Aint going out like no punk’. He did both. I am blessed for knowing him.

God’s blessings and peace be with Janet, the family and his friends.

1 comment:

Dazd said...

We are all better people for knowing him!