Saturday, November 11, 2006

An Open Letter to all US Veterans

Thank you – for your service… for assuring my freedoms.

To The Retired Vets – Your service, sacrifice and grace to a country that did not honor you… I thank you and welcome home my friends. You did what your country asked, you did what you were told, it has been too long. Thank you and welcome home!!

To Those Currently In Service – It has been my honor to have met some of you. Brave hearts, honest minds, you have thanked me for seeing you home or seeing you off. I am in your debt, you are buying my freedom. And without thought to self you keep the fight from coming to our homes, on our land.

To All Veterans, home or in service, in a VA hospital or in a tank, holding your son/daughter/wife/husband or wishing you could – God Bless You, may he keep you safe and free from harm. Know that many of us here think of you often and keep you in our prayers.


Respect - DNR

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what you said. I couldn't say it any better.

Anonymous said...

Very moving post DNR & I echo your sentiments.

Anonymous said...

I was at the Hess Mart yesterday buying a pack of those dreaded cancer sticks. A sorta weird lookin' guy was in front of me with a Viet Nam Vet's jacket on. Tons of people behind me when I said, "Hey, thanks for serving in our military and protecting our freedoms." He started crying right there. It was the most amazing thing. Everyone behind me in line patted him on the shoulder as he left. It was truly an amazing thing. Great post D

DNR said...

Wow Tony... That was great of you!!
Thanks for sharing and thanks for stepping up.