Friday, November 03, 2006

A Cold, Cold Chill

I’ve been letting more and more people know about this blog thing. I e-mailed a couple people I work with, etc. Then I started to e-mail my family group…

I have learned from others mistakes, I always go back and review the TO and CC sections of e-mails I am sending. Too many time I have seen e-mails come from others that should have been reply to sender and not reply to all.

… so when I went vback to look at this one (to the family group) I realized my parents were on the list!! (Aaahhhh, anoter very cold shutter). But, am I being a wimp? Is the blogosphere so open that we are expected to share all with our parents, siblings and (another creepy shutter) our kids? Better yet, do I want to read my kids blog… Now that thought scares me.

What do you think??


Do your parents read your blog?
Yes
No
Free polls from Pollhost.com

7 comments:

Dazd said...

None of my family know of my blog. Gives me a little more freedom of expression.

Anonymous said...

The only person who knows about my blog is my husband. And even that limits me, a little.

No. I've decided I'm probably not going to tell my mom or even my best friend.

Also, I apologize for being a smart alic yesterday. I was just goofing around. I've added you to the blogroll, btw.

DNR said...

Dazd – That surprises me…

Freddie – No biggie, I love a smart ass as much if not more than anybody, especially with some well place sarcasm. Now to figure out how to do a “Blog Roll”…

Dazd said...

I'll email you the link...and email you some other stuff.

Anonymous said...

I regret that my kids & parents know of my blog. My daughter also told the neighbor my blog address so now I can't talk about anything I don't want the neighborhood to know...dang it! I don't really mind Jose knowing, but sometimes I wish I just had it all to myself.

Anonymous said...

Nobody except my best friend knows about my blog. And I don't think she reads it, for some reason. I don't talk about it, so maybe she thinks I don't write in it anymore. I won't say anything negative about family and friends in my blog because you never know when they'll stumble across it or I'll reveal it in a drunken moment.

The reason I keep it a "secret" is because I don't want to have the inhibitions that come from typing a thought and suddenly freezing and wondering what Sister would think, if Nephew would laugh his ass off, etc. Or knowing they all know about my blog and no one bothers to read it. So it's better that I'm the only one who knows.

If you're feeling funny about it, just delete the blog, tell everyone you gave it up, and start a new one and this time keep your mouth shut. The sooner you delete a blog after you start one, the less you have to save and move to a new blog.

Anonymous said...

Hey! Thanks for the link DNR!