Thursday, January 04, 2007

Today is Jerry’s funeral.

Today is Jerry’s funeral.

The weather will be unseasonably warm, 50s in the morning 60’s in the afternoon. They say 0.5 to 1.5 inches of rain tomorrow too. If you are of a mind, say a prayer for us.

We will be riding. Jerry would have ridden in this weather to stand for a solder that had fallen. I suspect Jerry would have been irritated at us for riding for him in this weather. Many of us will leave home in the dark and return in the dark. I believe I will cover about 300 miles.

If a motor cycle wakes you tomorrow, please don’t be too irritated with us. I’ll bet I know where he is going.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be safe on your ride my friend...a little prayer is going up for you and Jerry.

Dazd said...

Keep the paint up and the rubber down.

Kat said...

((HUGS)) I may be in Georgia, but I'll be there in spirit... God bless y'all.. ride safe.

Respect,
MommaKat

DirkStar said...

Be safe on your journey.

We have a lot of wrecks in Ohio today because of the weather...

Anonymous said...

Have a safe trip DNR, and we'll talk to you when you get back. And even though you grieve now, remember to look back on the past with humor and affection.

Kat said...

Hope all went well....

DirkStar said...

Knock, knock. Anybody home?

Pepper said...

I am so so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.