Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Good-by Jerry


Today I have lost a friend. The PGR has lost a brother. A kinder more gentle man this world will not know. Jerry, you will be missed my friend. From what I have learned, Jerry died unexpectedly this morning in his sleep.

Jerry lived in north central Indiana. I rode with him on many Patriot Guard missions. From Valparaiso, IN to Covington, KY, Jerry stood for those that have stood for us. Through freezing rain and 110° heat index days, Jerry stood. Always with a story to lighten your mood or a hug/hand-shake to steady your stance, Jerry was there for us all.

Rest now my friend. I can only imagine the heroes in heaven so glad to finally be able thank you in person. Until we meet again, you will not be forgotten.

Respect,

DNR

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend DNR, my thoughts are with you and his family.

skeet said...

I'm so sorry for the loss of your good friend. Seems like he was loved by many and will be missed greatly. My condolences to you, his family and his friends.

DirkStar said...

My deepest sympathies my friend...

The pictures are a joyful rememberance.

Not a way to welcome the new year.

Kat said...

well, I already emailed you, but I'll say it again here... I'm so terribly sorry for your loss. Tears, hugs & prayers comin' from down here in GA.

Sincerely,

MommaKat
Ga PGR

Dazd said...

God bless you Triker for everything you accomplished and stood for.

On the ride thru heaven, make sure to keep the paint up and the rubber down. Ride free, my brother.

skeet said...

Just poppling in to say you've been in my thoughts today. I hope you're getting trhough this okay ... as okay as anyone can be with such losses. We're all here for you.

Anonymous said...

My condolences DNR. He sounded like a great man.

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the loss of your friend, DNR. What a very nice tribute to him.

Anonymous said...

So sorry for your loss.

Nancy said...

It is always sad to lose a good person.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for the loss of a friend. He was lucky to go in his sleep, though. There are lot worse ways to go.

Judy said...

I'm sorry you lost your friend, DNR. Hold his memory in your heart.

Anonymous said...

Hon, I'm a little late here, but I am so sorry for the loss of your friend.