Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Procrastination 101

I still haven’t finished the water heater… It’s not leaking, why should I ‘fix” it more?

There are so many things around my house that I need to do. Some just finish, others need starting. Drywall the garage, clean up the basement, but away the deck furniture, cut the grass one last time, winterize the RV, fix a leak in the RV, sell the RV…

“We Are What We Are Because Of Where We Were When” – This was the title of a psychology class I took in college. It is almost scary how true it is. I believe a lot of ones habits and traits are built from childhood and young teen experiences. Then re-enforced as one ages by the paths we choose. And we choose these paths because they are comfortable. Thus cementing the traits we have learned.

I took a Static Motion class in college where the Prof required all of the home work to be turned in at the final, you didn’t have to come to class, there were no quizzes, only a final and home work, all due on the same (last) day.

What in ones past leans them toward procrastination as a personality trait?

PS: Any one want to by and RV??

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Halloween DNR...great observations, and I agree with your assessment. My Dad was always such a stickler about being on time, and now If I'm running late I get cranky and anxious.

Anonymous said...

I'm confused by that Static Motion thing. How much homework did you have to turn in? and wouldn't that make the prof's job harder in determining your final grade? What is Static Motion anyway?

DNR said...

You would think it would be harder on the Prof, but he got them all graded in the 5-7 days allowed to post final grades. He even gave partial credit, so we knew he looked at all of them.

Statics (see ---> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statics) is the study of forces applied to objects at reset and at the instant before motion occurs. Dynamics on the other hand is the study of forces applied to objects in motion.