Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Somebody Just Shot Me!!!

Kaizen Event... Kaizen (改善, Japanese for "change for the better" or "improvement"; the common English usage is "continuous improvement"). In the context of this article, kaizen refers to a workplace "quality" strategy and is often associated with the Toyota Production System and related to various quality-control systems, including methods of W. Edwards Deming. (see Wikipedia)

Basically I just spent 3 days in a meeting. Talking about a process and deciding what to do to make it better.

Now, this is a great concept but working the process is... challenging. You can only talk about a topic for so long before it becomes a dead horse.

My brain is dead.

The ‘best’ part was that my boss was there, the Executive VP of engineering, the Director of new products engineering, another EVP of something or other and 4 oher managers. Think there were some opinions of how things ‘should’ work?? Fuck yeah!!

12 people in a conference room for 3 days yielded 18 opinions.

Good God my head hurts.

It is nearly 50 here today and I rode in... highway here I come.

PS: tanie, thanks for checking on me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They must have you hopping over there. (or else you have a real life)

hahaha... Just letting you know that you are missed.