Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Eagle Eye

Directed by -
D.J. Caruso

Writing credits -
John Glenn (screenplay) &
Travis Wright (screenplay) (as Travis Adam Wright) and
Hillary Seitz (screenplay) and
Dan McDermott (screenplay)

Dan McDermott (story)





Saw this last weekend on one of our dinner and a movie night with another couple. More than anything the company was great. That alone makes for a great night.

Eagle Eye is an action suspense thriller. It was just over 2 hours, if I remember but time flies when you are having fun.

My distaste for the main character Jerry Shaw (Shia LaBeouf) was quick. Mr. LaBeouf does a good slacker with a chip on his shoulder. But as he was sucked into the main plot of the move and taken where he did not want to go, I found myself rooting for him. The female lead Rachel Holloman (Michelle Monaghan) kinda goes over the top in some of the ‘mother instinct’ parts but ultimately gets sucked into the craziness too and together they race to save the world.

The action is all Hollywood and you shouldn’t go expecting to see too much reality.

The ending is not quite what I expected and not done how I would have done it. (heh, I said that like someone would actually ask me. Hahaha)

We saw this at an I-MAX theater. Tickets were $12.50 ea. It was a good movie, worth the price, you should go.

No comments: