Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Thankful - VIII

The 3,000 troops we sent off to Iraq in January are beginning to return home. The first group of 100 returned to the New Indianapolis International terminal. Over about the next 30-45 days, they will all be home. I am thankful that a great majority have returned or are returning safely.

Companionship of a dog(s). I know, seems kind of shallow. This is definitely one of those “if you don’t understand, I can’t explain” kind of things.

40 + years. Yea, the day is near. Another year older. It’s been a good run. Here’s to another 40!

And here’s to another 10, click here to donate to Jim and Flo... and God bless you.

2 comments:

Dazd said...

My friend "Smoke" returned safely from Iraq with the 139th FA yesterday.

So yes, I am thankful.

DNR said...

Glad to hear it Dazd, sooo glad to hear it.

Tell him (her?) thanks from me, k?