Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Special Letter Request

This was just posted on the PGR site by one of our members, Dale.

I just received a phone call from Sgt Cindy Barnard whose son is in Iraq. Sp Grant Johnson is in her sons Company and has been there for some time. Her son told her he has not received so much as a letter and wanted to know if we could send him a package. Sheri is sending him one today and I thought maybe we could post his address some how and have letters sent from us. He loves Zombie movies and is a IT person

Several PGR members are ‘bombarding” him with letters and cards.
So, if you guys have any old zombie movies or books can you send them? I’ll pay postage if it is an issue. Or if you can just drop him a letter, I’m sure he would appreciate it. E-mail me and I'll give you his address. (trying to reduce the undesirables)

Can you imagine getting nothing from home… it breaks my heart. It should NEVER happen!!! Thanks for your help!!! And please pass this around the blog-o-sphere.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if Dragon could help out in the Zombie department? I'm gonna go ask her to drop by here...

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm...let me see what I can do.

Anonymous said...

That's unbelievable that he didn't get anything from home.

No zombie stuff here, but I'd be glad to send him a card!

DirkStar said...

Thanks. Yes love is work, but it is such a rewarding task.

Yes, I made Pixie put a link on my page.

I paid forty-five dollars and would do it again!

Anonymous said...

Hey DNR...do you think he'd like a signed zombie chronicles t-shirt and a signed manuscript as well (it's not published yet)? If so what size t-shirt, and I need the address emailed to me please.

Kat said...

OMG - OMG - OMG. I still have tons of Christmas cards that came in AFTER I mailed out the other 20,000, LOL... I'm going to hold most of them till next year since now they will get "there" waaaayyyyy late after xmas...but in this case, for sure, better late than never. Pls. email me his address!!!!

Thanks!

Kat said...

OK, I posted about this over on my blog!

Anonymous said...

Off topic here.

But I wanted to let you know I've tagged you with a meme. (Sorry.)

Anonymous said...

hi!
have his mother go to www.soldiersangels.org and sign him up for his own "angel":)

dee:)

Anonymous said...

Damn. This is pretty common. And no offense to the soldier's angel commenter, but if he had a mom who was active in supporting her son in any way, I think she would have written him a letter by now. So I don't think he's gonna get signed up any time soon.

You gotta pass on the word for this pup to sign up at anysoldier, OR, the trooper who brought this to your attention, HE can sign up and pass out letters and goodies. Let me know if you need the details, hon.

skeet said...

I've emailed you. Too broke for gifties this year, but I would be happy to send a card and some aloha.

Nice blog. I like. Thanks to Dirk for pointing the way.

Anonymous said...

Hello !.
You re, I guess , probably curious to know how one can collect a huge starting capital .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may begin to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
The firm represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with structures around the world.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your chance That`s what you wish in the long run!

I`m happy and lucky, I began to get income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to select a proper partner utilizes your funds in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://uhahetyk.angelcities.com/nisuqepo.html
and go! Let`s take this option together to feel the smell of real money