Monday, April 20, 2009

Vice Versa

Kinda.

You may remember my frequent trips to The Barn... Some of you may know of or about the Missus' trips to Camp Atterbury for training.

Well, this weekend we switched places. I went to Camp Atterbury for training and she went north to the barn. Granted she wasn't partying like I do but she was there, using The Barn as base camp and helping the local community.

I know she had a good time and some successes. I, on the other hand, was in school. Ground Search II. How to use a compass, how to look for people that might get lost... in the rain. Yea, rained all day Sunday. I got soaked.

The highlight of the weekend was going to a local Buffalo Wild Wings and watching UFC 97. Got back to the hotel about 1am. Good times!

*********

--- overheard at lunch Saturday;

Firefighter to attractive married lady, "so, what color is your equipment?"

Dead silence at our lunch table.

A different firefighter 'whispers' loudly, "I hope it's pink"

Lady with head in hands and turning bright red says, "some is blue and I have green and yes some of it pink."

The whole table burst into laughter.

It was great.

No comments: