Thursday, March 08, 2007

Zen

This blog inspired me to get a ZEN daily calendar this year.

It has been sitting at my desk since the 22nd of January, un-used. Last month while I was in Chicago and Phoenix we (my employer) had a pipe break and of course a flood… in the building… worst at my desk, of course. They tell me there was 2 to 3 inches of water in my cube. (isn't it funny how a flat concrete floor isn't really that flat?) All of that waster resulted in fans in my space for a week, those big squirrel cage type fans. I think there were 6 around and in my cube. Sounded like a dull roar, all day. Then there was the drilling of holes in the drywall to confirm that there is no moisture or mildew in the walls. The slightest moisture resulted in more fans...

Finally the drywall was repaired, about two weeks ago and the wall paper was replaced last week. They finally got around to the base boards today. All of this means I get to move back into my cube, but first, I get to *gagging* clean.

This afternoon has been cleaning day (hell, it’s been cleaning month!). Yuck, must be a guy thing, but I can’t stand dusting and wiping a surface off 10 times just because the dust won’t wipe up. Tomorrow (I’m told) my PC will be moved and I can re-acclimate my self to my cube.

Anyway… Back to the real post. I’ve been going through the ZEN calendar and thought I’d share some bits of wisdom;

It gets late early out there. - Yogi Berra

Knowledge comes but wisdom lingers. - Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Want to know how to catch a mouse? Don’t try to learn from a pampered cat. To know the nature of the world, don’t study fine bound books. - Shih-Te

Those who understand the Tao delight, like cats, in just sitting and watching without any goal or result in mind. But when a cat gets tired of sitting, it gets up and goes for a walk or hunts mice. It does not punish itself or compete with other cats in an endurance test as to how long it can remain immovable – unless there is some real reason for being still, such as catching a bird. - Alan Watts

Going forward is a matter of ordinariness. - Zen Saying

One thought fills immensity. – William Blake

The most perfect technique is that which is not noticed at all. - Pablo Casals

Now I’m caught up with the calendar. Go, be enlightened, be Zen.

2 comments:

Kat said...

just found this one, had to share:


Lao Tzu - "Silence is a source of great strength."

Anonymous said...

Have a Zen day!

do you like the new wallpaper at the office?