Saturday, July 21, 2007

Words 'n Words 'n Words

A couple weeks ago I posted this... click this here linky.

My readers were kind enough to feed me all kinds of other words, that for some reason I am inclined to look up. I thought I’d share them with you.

BTW - nobody gave me any hints on how to get a stuck word out of my head. With a minor exception to Queenie, she at least had me laughing with a Beavis inflection.


Dazed said - myocardial infarction (I know why you picked this...)
… more commonly known as a heart attack, is a disease state that occurs when the blood supply to a part of the heart is interrupted. The resulting ischemia or oxygen shortage causes damage and potential death of heart tissue. It is a medical emergency, and the leading cause of death for both men and women all over the world.

Mrs JG said - Splenic infarction
... also spleen infract; an infarction is the process resulting in a macroscopic area of necrotic tissue in some organ caused by loss of adequate blood supply. Supplying arteries may be blocked from within by some obstruction (e.g. a blood clot or fatty cholesterol deposit), or may be mechanically compressed or ruptured by trauma.

Kat said - embolism
... In medicine, an embolism occurs when an object (the embolus, plural emboli) migrates from one part of the body (through circulation) and cause(s) a blockage (occlusion) of a blood vessel in another part of the body.
This can be contrasted with a "thrombus" which is the formation of a clot within a blood vessel, rather than being carried from somewhere else

Nancy (scares me) said - Cranial Rectal Impaction
For some reason I can’t find this one... It does however paint a very interesting picture.

Cranial - your head
Rectal - your ass
Impaction - stuck; placed in position with force

Hummmm....


A PSA:
Ladies and Gentlemen, just in case you think I’m all OCD an stuff. I do not need to look up words I don’t know and will NOT be posting your funky words in future Words 'n Words 'n Words posts. M’k?

2 comments:

Queen of Dysfunction said...

Oh c'mon! Funky words are fun! And give us giggles! Especially when they rhyme with "fart"!

MrsJoseGoldbloom said...

Hey Thanks for the linky DNR...Can we play the word game again...please, please, please!

I know a lost of words that rhyme with fart, but what about flatulence